Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - NIDHI4COVID 2.0 PROGRAM
- 1. What is the NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program and its salient features?
- The NIDHI4COVID 2.0 is an initiative by Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. This initiative is mainly for supporting startups which are developing new technologies and innovative products which would enable our country to fight against COVID-19 pandemic more strongly. In the current situation, startups can play a major role in bringing new technologies and products in the market, thus making our country stronger at various fronts against the war on COVID. Some of the startups have promising technologies but need mentoring, financial and marketing support to go to the next level. Thus, DST’s new initiative would facilitate such startups with much needed support to scale up their technologies, helping them reach the product deployment stage as fast as possible. NIDHI4COVID 2.0 supports innovations in the following areas:
High thrust products and solutions
Category Products Oxygen innovation
- Oxygen concentrator
- Oxygen supply chain
- Oxygen generator
- Cylinder cleaning and converting technology
- Cylinder fittings
- 3D printing of cylinder fitting etc
- Portable ventilators
- Multi-parameter monitoring devices
- Remote monitoring systems
- Respirator, Resuscitator
- Other peripheral medical equipment such as Contactless thermometers & Stethoscopes
- Patient monitoring system
Relevant medical accessories
- Home care solution
- Home ICU solutions
- Rapid Antibody & Antigen diagnostic kits
- Other diagnostic kits
- Genomics based mapping solutions
- Safe sample collections
- Health care information systems
- Movement tracking & tracing
- Crowd management
- Any containment solutions involving software / mobile applications
- Patient tracking/monitoring systems
- Any solution that addresses/mitigates various challenges faced by country/society due to the severe impact of COVID-19
- Development and Manufacturing (import substitution) of the Products Parts which are currently being imported for the devices like Oxygen Concentrators etc.
Priority would be given to product/solution near-ready, ready for deployment or manufacturing scaleup or repurposing of existing products and services that can be quickly deployed
- 2. How long is the NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program open for application?
- Call for application for the first round is open from 19th May, 2021 till 31st May, 2021, 23:59 hrs.
- 3. Who owns the IP/Patent under the NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program?
- The startup owns the IP/Patent under the NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program
- 4. Does the solution need to be related to COVID 19 only?
- Yes, any solution that addresses/mitigates various challenges faced by the country/society due to the severe impact of COVID-19 will be considered under the NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program.
- 5. What if I have already received a COVID related grant from another agency/institution, will I be eligible under NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program?
- You can apply under the NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program, however, the decision to fund will be takenup by the NIDHI4COVID 2.0 empowered committee.
- 6. What are the eligibility criteria?
- Less than 10 years in existence and must be incubated at any incubator (Any central and state government supported incubators) in its resident or virtual incubation program would be preferred.
- The startup having DIPP recognition with Startup India would be preferred. In case the startup does not have DIPP recognition the startup may ensure to get DIPP recognition as soon as possible.
- For this program, startups that are less than 10 years old are eligible to apply. Rest of the conditions as per ‘Startup’ definition in the https://www.startupindia.gov.in/ portal would be applicable.
- Should have a qualified team in place
- Preferably at a revenue stage or has raised funds earlier
- Preferably to have already deployed or ready to deploy product within a few weeks
- Startups which are non-incubated one but shows promising technologies DST will try to connect them to existing programs for possible evaluation and support upon the committee’s recommendation
- Documents to be submitted as per the application form (refer website: https://dstnidhi4covid.in/)
- 7. Can individuals apply under NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program?
- No, please refer to question no. 6 for eligibility
- 8. How can we apply?
- Visit - https://dstnidhi4covid.in
- Fill up the application form and submit along with all the relevant documents mentioned in the form
- 9. My company is not incubated anywhere? Is getting associated with an incubator necessary to qualify under NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program?
- Yes, Startups which are non-incubated one but shows promising technologies DST will try to connect them to existing programs for possible evaluation and support upon the committee’s recommendation
- 10. I am not in a position to upload certain documents as part of the application, can I furnish them later?
- All documents which are stated as mandatory in the application form need to be furnished while applying under the program, only optional documents can be shared in the later stage, incomplete forms will not be considered for evaluation. In case any difficulty please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11. Can I submit more than 1 application for more than one thrust area under NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program?
- If your company requires funding for more than 1 product, you can apply by making different applications using different email ids. However, the decision to fund will be taken by the Empowered committee.
- 12. How can I make changes to my application post submission?
- No changes can be done after submitting the application, hence please ensure all the information is filled accurately before submitting the form.
- 13. What is the process of selection and mode if funding?
- Evaluation of the applications, and selection of startups and funding will be in accordance with the well laid out process through a network of DST supported TBIs
- 14. Do I have an option of choosing TBI’s under the program?
- No, TBI will be allocated based on well laid out criteria by the DST team.
- 15. In case I need any clarification about this program whom do I connect with?
- Should you need any clarification you can write to email@example.com
- 16. Will the information given by me be kept confidential?
- Confidentiality of information for all the proposals we receive under NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program shall be maintained at every stage.